What Should I Do If I Have Been Involved In An Automobile Accident?

Did you know that one of the most stressful aspects of living in modern life is dealing with the problems that arise from an automobile accident? Were you also aware that some automobile accident injuries are not obvious and are seldom detected for months or even years? As a result, two things can occur when the injury is not taken care of promptly, when the accident victim settles the case with the insurance companies before getting evaluated from a doctor trained in detecting soft tissue injuries.

…………This Could Be A Big Mistake.

WHY? Because once you settle your case, you lose the right to have your insurance company pay for treatment if needed. A good rule of thumb is to be informed of your rights and then make a decision. It is our position that if you were indeed injured, you should get the care you need to get back to the way you felt and functioned just before the accident.

It is not the responsibility of the insurance company to pay for anything more than that. They are not responsible for pre-existing injuries; only injuries sustained from the accident. Even if you are just sore, you should get checked out immediately because you may experience pain, numbness, headaches, muscle stiffness, fatigue and other problems including arthritis many months down the road. Remember, nothing is more important that your health, especially when you start to lose it.

………Here’s Where the Problem Begins.

People who suffer from an automobile accident have one thing on their mind: Their automobile!

Common questions include:
• Who is going to fix my car?
• What will I drive in the meantime?
• Will my insurance rates go up?
• Who is going to pay for it?
And the last thing on their mind is: “Am I really okay?”

Not only are automobile collisions an inconvenience and a hassle. A redundant complaint of on all accident victims is that they don’t feel like their normal selves. He may also be experiencing obvious pains and symptoms like muscle stiffness, spasm, neck pain, headaches, numbness and tingling, back pain, difficulty sleeping, irritability, memory loss, fatigue, difficulty concentrating and many other difficulties. Or worse than that, you may be injured and feel nothing at all.

Either way, did you know that automobile accidents can cause post-traumatic osteoarthritis? Osteoarthritis can ruin your posture giving you a slumped or humpback appearance. Osteoarthritis can cause the disc in your spine to degenerate and create scar tissue formation leading to chronic stiffness and the inability to move properly.

As a matter of fact…
• Most doctors are not trained in the detection of these hidden injuries…
• If you have been in an automobile accident, you need a doctor who is trained in the biomechanics of the human body; someone who treats these injuries every day. In addition, x-rays can be taken to find out if there has been any structural damage. In our office, we evaluate automobile victims and make any appropriate referrals to other healthcare providers if needed.
• Our primary responsibility is giving you the care if you need it, and submitting the required medical records to the insurance company so you were rights are protected.
• If we can help you, we will refer you to a doctor or facility that can.

If you have been in an automobile collision recently, there are some important decisions you have to make, and if I were you, I’d make these decisions very carefully.

Q: Should I see an attorney before I see my chiropractor? A: It is important to get checked out by the doctor first. That way the findings from the exam will allow you the information you need in order to decide if an attorney as necessary. If necessary, we can refer you to her rectum or and qualified attorney.
Q: What if my car sustained only minor damage? A: Documented studies done by medical physicians revealed that;” The amount of damage to the automobile bears little relation to the force applied to the cervical spine of the occupants.”
Q: If I need treatment for this injury, do I have to pay for it myself A: No, only on very rare circumstances does the patient pay for his care as he goes. Our office provides care “on credit” when the patients are represented by an attorney. Some car insurance policies have what is called “MEDPAY.” This means that medical bills will be paid at 100% up to a certain limited. My office can assist you in obtaining this information. Using Your Medical Coverage Should Not Raise Your Premiums.
Q: The insurance company has been calling me and wants to settle, what should I do? A: Do not sign or settle until you have had an opportunity to evaluate your injury. If you settle before your injury is fully resolved, you’ll be completely on your own and will have to pay out-of-pocket for your care.
Q: I been to the hospital in my medical doctor, do I really need to see a chiropractor? A: You need a doctor who focuses in the treatment and diagnosis of auto accident injuries. Usually hospitals will checked vital signs, make sure there are no life-threatening conditions and release the patient with pain relief medication. They normally do not treat the underlying improper musculoskeletal biomechanics that can and often do lead to future pain. If you are still having problems, you should get a second opinion. If your medical doctor has given you pills, you must understand that pills do not correct structural or soft tissue damage. There are special therapies designed for that, and we offer these modalities at our office.
Q: Does our care hurt? A: Absolutely not. The treatment is very gentle and quite soothing. Most patients can hardly wait to get their treatment.
Q: Is the treatment safe? A: Yes, extremely. Particularly when compared to the side effects from medication and other invasive procedures. I urge you to go to our testimonial section in our website at www.ThePaulkClinic.com to find out what other people are saying.

Font Resize
Call Us Text Us