Our variety of services allow us to better serve you and your individualized chiropractic needs. We have access to many new and revolutionary techniques within the field and are always evolving to make our office better work for YOU!
Some of the services we offer include:
Traditional Chiropractic Care: Our office has over 38 years of experience in the chiropractic management of acute and chronic pain. Dr. Paulk has treated thousands of patients successfully during his career and constantly strives to stay abreast of the most cutting edge methods and research. You can expect professional chiropractic services on every encounter. Dr. Paulk and his associate doctors are proficient in numerous chiropractic techniques including Chiropractic Biophysics, Gonstead Technique, Activator, Upper Cervical Technique, Arthrostim, Meric System, Sacral–Occipital Technique and Functional Neurology Techniques.
Chiropractic Services Beyond Adjustments: The focus on spinal adjustment is what makes doctors of chiropractic unique in their approach to treating patients with spinal complaints. The chiropractic adjustment, however, may not be the only procedure a chiropractor may employ in managing a patient’s care. For example, chiropractic care has utilized drugless therapeutics (natural therapies) since as early as 1912.15
Natural agents such as heat, cold, water, massage, light, and exercise are some of the physiological therapeutic measures that are often utilized in our office. When controlled, these and other elements exert a beneficial influence on body functions and can help a number of common pain problems. These therapies can be especially effective with acute injuries such as automobile accident injuries, injuries from slip and falls, sports injuries, acute or chronic headaches, pinched nerves or just everyday aches and pains.
Common Forms of Chiropractic Therapy
- Electrical muscle stimulation. During this chiropractic therapy, electrodes are placed on the skin that send light electrical pulses to different areas of the body with the purpose of reducing inflammation, curtailing muscle spasms and relieving back pain.
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulators (TENS). The most common form of electrical stimulation, TENS units feature electrodes that are placed over the painful area with the user having the power to control the intensity of electrical stimulation. It is believed that TENS help block the transmission of pain signals along the nerves and also release the body’s natural painkillers, endorphins.
- Traction. A chiropractic traction massage may include the patient lying face up as a system of rollers move about the back, all the while stretching and massaging the muscles in the back. Chiropractors may use other traction devices that stretch the spine, decompress the discs and reduce the pressure on the nerve roots (a procedure known as non-surgical spinal decompression).
- Cold laser therapy. With cold laser therapy, particles of energy are carried in a laser and absorbed by the cell membrane’s photo receptors after penetrating the skin surface. The cells and tissues then convert this light energy into biochemical energy, fueling a biological process that is believed to decrease swelling, reduce back pain and inflammation, and improve circulation.
- Ergonomics. During the course of chiropractic care, the chiropractor may recommend some modification such as a work station change that is applied at home and/or at work. The success or failure of obtaining patient satisfying outcome may be directly related to applying an ergonomic/job-related modification or a hobby-related irritating activity… When leg-length deficiency, flat feet and/or subtalar instability are present, the chiropractor may place a small heel lift in the shoe on the short leg side and/or prescribe corrective arch supports to help stabilize the pelvis.
- Patient education. A chiropractor may advise a variety of lifestyle modifications, including diet and nutritional programs, self-care and coping strategies, to the patient experiencing lower back pain.
These methods may or may not be utilized in the course of a patient’s case management depending upon their specific needs.
Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression: A computer guided system that gently lengthens and decompresses the spine to provide lasting relief from chronic neck and back pain due to disc problems. This therapy has proven effective for treating disc herniations in the lower back and neck, degenerative disc, stenosis and other chronic neck and back conditions. Spinal decompression is proved extremely effective in treating sciatica as well as arm pain numbness and tingling.
ATM2™ System: A unique exercise device that provides relief from chronic neck, back, shoulder and hip pain by restoring core muscles and increasing range of motion. Can bring back pain relief in as little as 5 minutes. Visit www.backproject.com for more information.
Nutritional Counseling: Part of the bigger picture to restoring your health is how you eat. We have specialized training to provide you with sound direction when it comes to eating well and supplementation. Proper approach to nutrition can assist in management of condition such as hypothyroidism, leaky gut syndrome, autoimmune conditions and other health issues that are affected by nutritional considerations.
Weight Loss: The Paulk clinic offers a medically supervised, scientifically based weight loss program called Ideal Protein. This program has proven to be effective in not only rapid weight loss but also maintaining that weight also over time. For more information go to www.Stockbridgemedicalweightloss.com
Nutritional Supplementation: Science based nutritional products designed for the patient’s specific needs. These supplements and neutraceuticals are high quality, effective products that are prescribed only after thorough testing that suit that patient’s needs.
Brain-Based Therapy (BBT): A revolutionary breakthrough treatment program pioneered school and neurologically based and clinically proven to help with chronic pain, balance disorders and other neurological conditions. Dr.Paulk has received over 300 hours of post graduate training in this groundbreaking functional approach to managing neurologically based health issues.
Individualized Home Exercising Planning: Many of our patients want to take an active role in their recovery. We empower you with individualized exercise programs tailored to your specific needs. These plans often contain several ‘phases’ that change as you become stronger and healthier. Let’s make you the best you can be.